Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sensory play

I am blessed to have a good friend who's kids have sensory issues. I can't tell you how nice it is to have someone else who understands and I can talk to. My friend gave me a handful of what looked like tiny colored seeds. The seeds are called Orbeez.



Orbeez right after I put them in the water:


Orbeez about a half hour later (not full size yet)
My husband, daughter and myself all sat on the kitchen floor to play with the Orbeez. Bento baby would scoop up some Orbeez squeal 'yucky yucky yucky' laugh, and grab some more. It was really fun to play in the warm water with the squishy balls. On another day we drained the water and played with the Orbeez dry. It wasn't quite as fun as playing in the water with the Orbeez. They tended to roll all over the kitchen floor. They bounce and break into small pieces when too much pressure is applied to them.

Overall I think the Orbeez are fun. Its not something I would use regularly since they do not last very long. But they are fun to play with and as an occasional treat I would buy them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment