Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Frugal baking pans.

Two days ago I made some banana bread. Because:

1. Weather was cool enough I wouldn't melt in my very hot kitchen.
2.We had some bananas that needed to go.
3 I was able to use my new pans.


The mini muffin pan was mention here. The pan I haven't talked about I found at a yard sale for $1. Its a Nordic Ware very heavy lemon pan. Our specialty kitchen store carries it for $30! So pretty!

The recipe came from the Betty Crocker cookbook. My go to manual. I did make a few changes, instead of 1/2 a cup of butter I used 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup of applesauce. I'm out of whole wheat flour. Instead of using the whole 2 cups of white flour called for I filled the measuring scoop half way and added several spoons of wheat germ. I can't tell there is applesauce and wheat germ in there. Neither can Mr J, and he's picky.

Pretty bread!

I am pretty impressed by how well the bread un-molded. I did grease it VERY well, but still. Many a baker knows the sadness felt when a hot delicacy falls apart on your kitchen counter. Coming out wonderfully? Priceless! (lol) It is hard to see the design, I wonder what would show better in the pan. Cake maybe?

The mini muffin pan works great. The tiny muffins fit perfectly into our bentos. I'm defiantly going to look for another pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment