Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentines day on a budget

While hubby and i never did a huge, super expensive Valentines day we did budget considerably more for it then we will this year. Why? Because we're adopting from Africa! A baby will be our most precious gift and we're willing to sacrifice for her.

Normal budget
Hubby $100
Me $100
Dinner $20-$50
Total $220-$250


This year
Hubby $10
Me $10
Dinner $24 (church banquet)
Total $44

That is a huge savings people! What can we buy each other for a mere $10?
Hubby requested a Machete. A machete. For real. Not my idea of romance, but it pleases him so i guess its romantic.
I want flowers. Not cut flowers but flowers that come with roots. I love flowers. Depending on what kind hubs goes for he should be able to buy 2-5 pots for me.

I'm going to make a cookie cake for hubby using the cake decorating supplies I already have. He's supposed to make something too but I don't know what he has planned.

Our budget took a huge drop but I don't feel deprived at all, I'm enjoying the small budget. And the sacrifice? Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment