Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Homemade popsicles


I'm still sick with a cold. I've had this cold for a week now. My throat is quite sore. I thought about buying some popsicles but then i remembered our popsicle mold. I've tried several molds and this one is the best so far. The ones I bought from the dollar store never worked well. I can not remember where we found this one but i think it was between $2-$4.


We used lemon aid mix for the first batch. J followed the mix's ratio of powder to water. Those popsicles were not very flavorful. They still felt good on my throat. This time i took my Mango drink mix, bottled lemon juice, and far less water then the recipe asks for. This made the drink super concentrated. So much so that it would taste terrible to drink. But it made delicious popsicles.


I'm going to keep playing around with the mold to see what makes yummy popsicles. I have fun playing mix master, and i enjoy the finished product. Not to mention its a great way to use up groceries. Like a lemon aid mix purchased in bulk that is only halfway used up. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment