Friday, April 2, 2010

My first dyed egg for bento.

I don't normally make J's lunches anymore. But i have all week because there have been items I wanted him to pack that he wouldn't take himself. I made a big batch of hard boiled eggs to use my new egg molds. And I went ahead and dyed them (which I've never done) for some reason this one came out bright pink even though the water was orange


It has broccoli, carrots, and car shaped egg. Bottom has M&MS (grocery outlet purchase) raisins, cashews, and dried mango.

This bento was packed as a sidecar/snack to some leftover pasta but J decided not to pack the pasta. It was not designed to be a whole meal but hey its his choice. But as it turns out this lunch was delayed a few days and will hopefully be eaten today with another smallish bento. All worked out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment